- The Food Lab Turbo: How to Make a Simple Salad Worth Eating | Serious Eats
- Simple Vinaigrette Recipe | Serious Eats
1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
1 small clove garlic, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon water
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine shallot, garlic, mustard, vinegar, and water in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in olive oil.
Alternatively, place all ingredients in a tightly sealing jar, seal, and shake vigorously until emulsified.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Vinaigrette will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- A Salad Dressing Recipe to Rule Them All - The New York Times
A Salad Dressing Recipe to Rule Them All
- Five Sauces for the Modern Cook - The New York Times